Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Camilla to be new University of Aberdeen chancellor

Camilla, the Duchess of Rothesay, is to be the next chancellor of the University of Aberdeen, it has been announced. She succeeds Lord Wilson of Tillyorn, who stepped down in December. Camilla will be the university’s 11th chancellor, a role which dates back to 1860.

Prof Sir Ian Diamond, principal and vice-chancellor, said: “I am delighted that HRH the Duchess of Rothesay will be our new chancellor.”

Lord Wilson had served as chancellor since 1997.

Prof Diamond added: “Lord Wilson was a wonderful champion for the university, both here in the UK and abroad, and we know that the Duchess will be a brilliant ambassador for the international centre of excellence in learning that we are proud to be.

“We have very much enjoyed the Duchess’s visits to our campuses,
and the huge enthusiasm and interest she has shown in meeting our students and staff and hearing about their work and achievements.

“I look forward to formally welcoming Her Royal Highness to the university team.”

Lord Wilson said: “I feel privileged to have held office as chancellor during a time of important transformation at the University of Aberdeen.

“I am delighted that the Duchess of Rothesay will be my successor.

“I pass on my very best wishes for her new role, which I am certain she will enjoy just as much as I did.”

In April last year, the Duchess of Rothesay visited the University of Aberdeen to see teachers being trained. (BBC)

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...